Butternut Squash & Red Pepper Soup Recipe
This low calorie butternut squash and red pepper soup is the perfect creamy soup to enjoy for lunch. With less than 100 calories consumed for lunch, think of what you could have for dinner!
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 88
- 3 medium red peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 3g garlic
- 640g butternut squash
- 70g low fat cream cheese
- 11.8g vegetable stock cubes, dry
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Chop onion and garlic and fry in spray oil until soft.
- Chop the butternut squash (you can leave the skin on) and add to onions and garlic.
- Chop the red peppers and add to the onions, garlic and squash and sweat for 5 mins.
- Mix vegetable stock cubes a pint of boiling water and add to the vegetables.
- Simmer for a good 20 mins to half an hour, top up the water if needed.
- Blend the soup until there are no lumps.
- Add the low fat cream cheese (any flavour you like really) and mix into the soup until its melted.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
|Fruit & Veg||2.6|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!