Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
This butternut squash soup is sure to warm you up on a cold autumnal evening, and at less than 105 calories per serving why not!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 45 mins
- Calories: 104
- 500g butternut squash
- 1 garlic clove
- 227g mushrooms
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small red chilli pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 600ml water
- 25g reduced salt soya sauce
- Peel and chop the squash, garlic, mushrooms and onions. De-seed the peppers.
- Sweat in the oil for a couple of mins, stirring to stop them sticking.
- Add some of the water, soya sauce, chopped (deseeded) peppers and mushrooms.
- Simmer until veggies are soft.
- Liquidize with as much water as it takes to get the consistency you want.
If you can afford more cals/fat and want a creamier finish then use some milk or cream. Rice milk gives quite a creamy finish too.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||2.8|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!