Soup Beefy Vegetable Recipe
Each serving of this healthy beef soup packs in an impressive 3.5 of your 5-a-day. It’s hearty and satisfying - just what’s required on a cold winter night.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 2 hrs
- Calories: 326
- 180g Potatoes, White, Raw, Weighed with Skin, Flesh Only, Average
- 60g Onions, Raw, Average
- 244g Carrots, Whole, Raw, Peeled, Average
- 56g Cabbage, Red, Average
- 140g Cauliflower, Raw, Average
- 7.5ml Oil, Vegetable, Average
- 500g Beef, Steak, Fillet, Lean, Average
- 1¾ Pints/994ml Water, Mineral Or Tap
- 1 Cube/7g Stock Cubes, Beef, Average
- 2g Bay Leaves, Dried, Average
- 1 Lge Can/400g Tomatoes, Chopped, in Rich Tomato Juice, Napolina
- ½ Tsp/0.5g Thyme, Dried, Average
- 1 Tsp/2g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
- 140g Peas, Frozen, Average
Peel and chop potatoes, onions, carrots, cabbage & cauliflower.
1 - Warm oil in a large pan & brown beef. Add onion until softened.
2 - Mix stock using water and stock cube then stir into pot. Add tomatoes, thyme, bay leaves and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 45-60 minutes.
3 - Add carrots, cabbage, potato, and cauliflower, and continue to simmer for about 45 minutes.
4 - Add in the frozen peas about 15 minutes before serving.
|Fruit & Veg||3.5|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!