Soup Beefy Vegetable Recipe
By the wlr team
Each serving of this healthy beef soup packs in an impressive 3.5 of your 5-a-day. It’s hearty and satisfying - just what’s required on a cold winter night.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 2 hrs
- Calories: 326
- 180g potatoes
- 60g onion
- 244g carrots
- 56g red cabbage
- 140g cauliflower
- 7.5ml vegetable oil
- 500g lean beef fillet steak
- 1¾ pints water
- 1 beef stock cube
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 2g dried leaves
- 140g frozen peas
- Peel and chop potatoes, onions, carrots, cabbage and cauliflower.
- Warm oil in a large pan and brown beef. Add onion until softened.
- Add stock and then add tomatoes, thyme, bay leaves and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 45-60 minutes.
- Add carrots, cabbage, potato, and cauliflower, and continue to simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Add in the frozen peas about 15 minutes before serving.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||3.5|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!