Leek Brotchan With Lemon And Parsley Recipe
By the wlr team
You should try this soup. It’s Low Calorie, Low Fat and a Protein rich meal. It’s easy to make, preparation is quick. Just throw the ingredients together and the soup can be left bubbling away, it’s definitely worth the effort and is very simple to make.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Cook time: 2 hrs
- Calories: 118
- 140g butter beans
- 1 pint water
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 280g leeks
- 28g low fat spread
- 56g fresh parsley
- 20ml lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 168g low fat natural yoghurt
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Soak the beans in water overnight, then drain and rinse well.
- Bring them to the boil in 1 pint of fresh water and boil rapidly for 10 minutes in order to destroy the toxins in them.
- Partially cover the pan and simmer for a further 40-45 minutes or until the beans are fairly soft.
- When cooked, drain them and reserve the stock for use later.
- Wash and slice the leeks. Melt the margarine in a sauce pan and add the leeks then cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock and simmer in a covered pot for 20 minutes, then stir in the parsley.
- Allow the soup to cool slightly, puree then return to a clean pot.
- Re-heat the soup gently, adding lemon juice and vinegar to taste, depending on how sharp a flavour you like.
- Season generously with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Pour the hot soup into bowls and garnish with 1 tbsp natural yoghurt.
|Fruit & Veg||0.8|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!