Chunky Vegetable & Black Bean Soup
By the wlr team
Definitely try this Soup. It’s very tasty and Low Calorie too. It has 3.5 Fruit and Vegetable servings so you could really get some portions in here. Quick and simple to prepare, then just put your feet up and wait for it to be ready!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 322
- 6g garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 30ml olive oil
- 224g carrots
- 120g celery
- 454g cooked black beans
- 132g tinned green or brown lentils
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1g paprika
- 0.5g cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 316ml vegetable stock
- 2.5g sea salt
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Mince the garlic. Dice the onions.
- In a large pot, add olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onions.
- While garlic and onions cook, trim and slice carrots and celery. Add both carrots and celery to saute with garlic and onions for about 5 more minutes.
- Drain and rinse black beans and lentils if using canned. Add them to the pot. Stir in cumin, oregano, paprika, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Finally, add the diced tomatoes with juices, as well as the vegetable stock. Stir to combine.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and allow the pot to come to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, turn the heat down to low, place a lid on top, and simmer for 30 minutes. Check beans and lentils to be sure they are tender (if using dried). If not, continue to simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Add salt. Taste. Add more salt if needed.
Serve and enjoy! This fibre-filled and colorful soup is a great way to get your veggies and fibre. Make a large pot and just reheat for quick lunches. Soup can be stored in refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
|Fruit & Veg||3.5|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!