Chunky Vegetable and Black Bean Soup - Gluten Free Recipe
This fibre-filled and colourful gluten-free soup is a great way to get your veggies and fibre. Make a large pot and just reheat for quick lunches.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 317
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 3 carrots
- 3 celery stalks
- 450g cooked black beans
- ½ can green or brown lentils
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 cube vegetable stock made up
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Mince the garlic. Dice the onions. In a large pot, add olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onions and saute until soft.
- While the garlic and onions cook, trim and slice carrots and celery. Add both carrots and celery to saute with garlic and onions for about 5 more minutes.
- Drain and rinse black beans and lentils if using canned. Add them to the pot. Stir in cumin, oregano, paprika and cayenne pepper. Finally, add the tomatoes with juices, as well as the vegetable stock. Stir to combine.Season with salt and pepper. Taste. Add more if needed.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and allow the pot to come to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, turn the heat down to low, place a lid on top, and simmer for 30 minutes. Check beans and lentils to be sure they are tender (if using dried). If not, continue to simmer for another 15 minutes.
Serve and enjoy! Soup can be stored in refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
|Fruit & Veg||3.5|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!