Garlic Cauliflower Mash Recipe
A delicious twist on regular mash, this garlicky cauliflower alternative is both low carb and low calorie. It’s quick to prepare and a delicious accompaniment to both meat and fish.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 136
- 420g Cauliflower, Raw, Average
- 1 Tbsp/15ml Oil, Olive, Extra Virgin, Average
- 1 Clove/3g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 30ml Milk, Almond, Average
- 2.5g Salt, Sea, Average
- 1 Pinch/0.2g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
- 1 Tbsp/6g Chives, Fresh, Average
Method1) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the cauliflower and reduce the heat to simmer. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes or until tender.
2) While the cauliflower is cooking, drizzle a drop of olive oil in a small pan over medium heat and cook the garlic until softened and slightly browned (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat.
3) Drain the cooked cauliflower in a strainer. Then put it in a medium mixing bowl.
4) Transfer half of the cauliflower to a blender and puree until smooth. Add the remaining cauliflower and puree until creamy and smooth. Blend in 2 Tbs. of olive oil and the garlic. Add almond milk for a creamier consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chives.
5) Serve & enjoy!
|Fruit & Veg||2.9|
More Calorie Counted Side Dish Recipes
You'll find lots more recipes for scrummy sides in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own side dish recipes, give it a try!