American Potato Salad Recipe
This classic American potato salad is creamy, delicious and low calories. Potato salad is great for BBQ’s so make up a big batch this summer and invite some friends and family round!
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 365
- 250g Potatoes, Baby, Salad, Organic, Sainsbury's
- 1 Stalk/40g Celery, Raw, Trimmed, Average
- 2 Med/30g Onions, Spring, Raw, Average
- 50g Mayonnaise, Average
- 50ml Cream, Sour, Dairyland
- 1 Tsp/5g Capers, in Vinegar, Average
- 1 Tbsp/15ml Vinegar, Wine, White, Heinz
- 1 Large Egg/65g Eggs, Barn, Large, Asda
- 1 Tsp/5g Mustard, American, Average
Boil the potatoes for about 20 minutes until soft
Boil egg until hard boiled
Chop spring onions.
Chop the capers & celery
Cut potatoes into bite size pieces and cool.
Chop egg yolks finely and also chop egg whites separately.
Mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, egg yolks, salt, pepper, capers, vinegar and seasoning.
Combine together with potatoes, celery and onions.
Keeps for up to 4 days in refrigerator.
|Fruit & Veg||0.5|
More Calorie Counted Side Dish Recipes
You'll find lots more recipes for scrummy sides in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own side dish recipes, give it a try!