Vegetable & Tomato Pasta Sauce Recipe
This tomato pasta sauce can be served with a variety of different meals, so it’s a great sauce to batch cook if you know you’re going to use it throughout the week! At only 107 calories per serving, and with almost 4 of your 5 a day, you can’t go wrong!
- Recipe makes: 3 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 107
- 1 Med/180g Onions, Raw, Average
- 50g Carrots, Raw, Tesco
- 100g Peppers, Capsicum, Fresh, Everyday Value, Tesco
- 1 Serving/100g Courgette, Fresh, Raw, Tesco
- 1oz/28g Mushrooms, Closed Cup, Average
- 25g Olives, Green, Pitted, Average
- 1 Can/400g Tomatoes, Chopped, Canned, Average
- 1 Cube/5.8g Stock Cubes, Beef, Dry Weight, Oxo
- 1 Tsp/5g Sauce, Worcestershire, Average
- 1 Tsp/5g Mixed Herbs, Average
- 1 Tsp/2g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
- 10g Garlic Puree, Average
Peel and chop the onions.
Peel and chop the carrots.
Prepare and chop the peppers.
Prepare and chop the courgettes.
Wipe and chop the mushrooms.
Take all the veg and simmer in a little water starting with the hardest veg first:
Add seasoning early on to add flavour.
After 5 minutes add the tomatoes and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Serve with wholewheat pasta and parmesan shavings - yum!
|Fruit & Veg||3.9|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Sauces and Dressings
You'll find hundreds more recipes for sauces and dressings in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own sauce recipes, give it a try!