Chilli Sauce (BDP) Recipe
By the wlr team
Chilli sauce goes well with almost everything if you like your food spicy! This super high fiber sauce recipe can be used with chilli con carne, Bolognese or any pasta/rice dish. Packed with flavor and a variety of ingredients, you can’t go wrong!
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Cook time: 35 mins
- Calories: 544
- 60g onion, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 50g carrots, peeled
- 26.6g celery
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 200g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 0.83g white sugar
- 0.33 tbsp tomato puree
- 50g turkey mince
- 100g tinned red kidney beans
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 medium baking potato
- Take all of the vegetables and chop in a food processor, or finely by hand.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium-high heat and saute the chopped veggies until soft.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, sugar and tomato puree, season to taste. Boil and simmer for 30 mins.
- While the sauce is simmering, dry fry the turkey mince until cooked through.
- Add the turkey mince to the sauce, along with the kidney beans and chilli powder. Stir through.
- Serve over a hot baked potato.
The Bolognese Sauce is from our Budget Diet Plan
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||5.8|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Sauces and Dressings
You'll find hundreds more recipes for sauces and dressings in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own sauce recipes, give it a try!