Tomato & Onion Toasts Recipe
A simple snack for any time of day or enjoy this as part of a balanced lunch. A quick and easy vegetarian recipe, serve with a simple salad and dig in!
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Calories: 129
- 454g onion
- 200ml water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 60g sun dried tomatoes
- 20g white sugar
- 25g fresh parsley
- 12g parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 130g ready to bake white baguette
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Peel the onion and finely chop. Bring onions, stock, tomatoes and sugar to the boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered, until onions are soft and only about 15ml or 1 tbsp of liquid remains.
- Stir in parsley and 2 tsp of parmesan, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Rub garlic over one side of bread rounds and toast.
- Turn the grill on to medium heat.
- Spread each round with about 1tsp of mix, sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Spread toast on a baking sheet and grill for about 2mins.
|Fruit & Veg||1.2|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Sandwiches
You'll find hundreds more recipes for sandwiches, wraps, rolls and bagels in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own scrummy sarnies, give it a try!