Mexican Pitta Pizza Recipe
These Mexican style ‘pizzas’ are delicious served straight from the oven for dinner, or let cool and wrap in foil, and enjoy for a low fat lunch the next day at work.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 5 mins
- Calories: 154
- 64g wholemeal pitta
- ½ can spicy refried beans
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 28g low fat mature cheese
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Toast the pitta in a toaster or under a grill until lightly browned on both sides.
- Split the pitta into two (right around the edge so have 2 ovals).
- Spread the spicy refried beans on each 1/2 of the pitta. Spread a tablespoon of salsa over the top of the beans.
- Grate the cheese and sprinkle on each half. You may want a little more cheese but it does not need much as will spread when cooked.
- Stick each half under the grill and grill until cheese melted.
|Fruit & Veg||0.6|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Sandwiches
You'll find hundreds more recipes for sandwiches, wraps, rolls and bagels in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own scrummy sarnies, give it a try!