Chicken Pittas Greek Style Recipe
This Greek style chicken pitta contains 3 of your 5 a day and makes a great lunch or light dinner! Serve with a fresh green salad, or skinny fries if you have the calories spare.
- Recipe makes: 3 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 450
- 45ml Juice, Lime, Fresh, Average
- 1 Tsp/5g Cumin, Seeds, Ground, Schwartz
- 1 Tsp/5g Coriander, Seeds, Ground, Schwartz
- 10g Sauce, Mint, Smart Price, Asda
- ½ Tsp/1.5g Turmeric, Powder
- ¼ Tsp/1.25g Salt, Table, Average
- 350g Chicken, Breast, Fillets, Skinless & Boneless, Raw, Average
- 5 Sprays/1ml Oil, Olive, Extra Virgin, Only 1 Cal, Spray, Fry Light
- 300g Lettuce, Iceberg, Average
- 1 Med/160g Peppers, Yellow, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 1 Med/180g Onions, Raw, Average
- 3 Tbsps/90g Houmous, Reduced Fat, Average
- 3 Pittas/192g Bread, Pitta, Wholemeal, Average
- 1 Serving/100g Salad, Green, Mixed, Average
Method1. Mix the lime juice with the spices, concentrated mint sauce, and a pinch of salt.
2. Slice the chicken breasts thinly across the grain.
3. Marinate in the mixture for at least 20 minutes.
4. Heat a non stick frying pan and add a little cooking spray. Add the chicken pieces and the marinade. Gently fry till the marinade is evaporated and the chicken is cooked and golden.
Serve with low fat houmous, pitta breads and a green salad.
|Fruit & Veg||3.3|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Sandwiches
You'll find hundreds more recipes for sandwiches, wraps, rolls and bagels in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own scrummy sarnies, give it a try!