Crispy Salmon Fishcakes with Garlic Broccoli
The garlic really peps up the broccoli in this recipe, and works brilliantly with the crispy fishcakes.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 35 mins
- Calories: 482
- 300g Potatoes
- 2 Med Spring Onions
- 1 Tbsp Reduced Calorie Mayonnaise
- 215g Canned Pink Salmon
- 1 Med Egg
- 2 Tbsps Plain Flour
- 40 Pumps Olive Oil Spray
- 3 Pinches Salt
- 4 Pinches Black Pepper
- 250g Broccoli
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Slice Wholemeal Bread
- Put a pan of water on the boil for the potatoes. Peel the potatoes and boil for around 15 minutes (until soft enough to mash).
- Meanwhile, finely slice the spring onions, beat the egg in a shallow dish, crush the garlic, chop/break the broccoli into florets. Remove the crusts from the bread and blend to make breadcrumbs.
- Once the potatoes are ready, drain and mash. Mix with the salmon, spring onion, mayonnaise and a pinch of salt and pepper. Form into 4 round patties.
- Sprinkle the flour on a small plate. Dip each patty first in the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Don't worry if the breadcrumbs don't cover the patties fully, you'll still get a good bit of crunch!
- Steam or par boil the broccoli for 5-7 minutes until cooked though but still with a bit of bite.
- While the broccoli is cooking put a large non-stick pan on a medium heat with 20 sprays olive oil. Cook the fishcakes until golden on each side (try not to move them around too much - they'll be less likely to break up).
- Once the broccoli is cooked sauté with 20 sprays olive oil and the crushed garlic for a few minutes. Serve with the fishcakes.
|Fruit & Veg||1.8|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!