Walnutty Waldorf Salad
Simple waldorf salad combining crunchy apple, celery and walnut halves come together in this classic, originally invented at the Waldorf Astoria hotel in New York.
Our version uses a lower calorie mayonnaise dressing and is served with sourdough bread.
This recipe is featured in our Summer Shorts Diet Plan
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Calories: 435
- 1 apple
- 50g lettuce leaves
- 2 celery stalks
- 8 walnut halves
- 20g reduced calorie mayonnaise
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 slice (50g) sourdough bread
- Core and slice the apple. Tear the lettuce and chop the celery.
- In a bowl add lettuce leaves, apple, celery and walnut halves.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix the mayonnaise and lemon juice and spoon onto the salad in small blobs. (If you prefer your salad coated, simply mix in the dressing at this point.)
- Serve with a slice of sourdough bread, we'd suggest toasted.
- Optional - cut the sourdough toast into cubes and have as croutons in the salad.
|Fruit & Veg||3.1|
You'll find 30 delish dinners, 30 lush lunches and 30 scrummy breakfasts in this colourful book ... quick-and-easy recipes for calorie counted meals that prove you don't need to feel deprived when you're dieting. Only £7.99 in the wlr shop