Tuscan Bean Salad with Tuna Recipe
By the wlr team
If you feel like a quick and easy but filling salad try this bean and tuna salad recipe. Made in only 20 minutes this healthy lunch is great to pack up and take to work.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Calories: 257
- 1 Sm Onion/90g Onions, Raw, Average
- 4 Servings/352g Beans, Butter, Tinned, Crosse & Blackwell
- 2 Small/182g Tomatoes, Fresh, Raw, Average
- 2 Cans/260g Tuna, Chunks, in Spring Water, Average, Drained
- 2oz/56g Parsley, Fresh, Average
- 2 Tbsps/30ml Oil, Olive, Average
- 10ml Juice, Lemon, Fresh, Average
- 2 Tbsps/40g Honey, Pure, Clear, Average
- 1 Clove/3g Garlic, Raw, Average
1. Finely chop the onion and place in a bowl with the drained butter beans, mix well.
2. Cut the tomatoes into thin wedges and add to the mixture.
3. Flake the tuna with a fork and add to the mixture along with the chopped parsley.
4. In a screw-top jar, mix the oil, lemon juice, honey and crushed garlic together. Shake until the dressing emulsifies and thickens.
5. Pour the dressing over the bean salad and serve.
This will keep in the fridge for several days; you could try adding salmon for a luxurious version.
|Fruit & Veg||2.3|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Salads
You'll find hundreds more super salad recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own fresh favourites, give it a try!