Super Summer Caesar Recipe
By the wlr team
This low carb, low calorie salad incorporates a variety of fresh ingredients, with 3 of your 5 a day! Made in just 25 minutes this summer Caesar salad makes the perfect lunch.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Calories: 231
- 200g Lettuce, Romaine, Average
- 80g Peppers, Yellow, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- ½ Med/80g Peppers, Red, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 34g Celery, Raw, Trimmed, Average
- 60g Onions, Spring, Raw, Average
- 170g Tomatoes, Fresh, Raw, Average
- 2 Slices/88g Bread, White, Thick Sliced, Tesco
- 4 Tbsps/60ml Oil, Olive, Extra Virgin, Average
- ¼ Tsp/1.25g Salt, Table, Average
- 1 Clove/3g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 2 Tbsps/30ml Juice, Lemon, Fresh, Average
- 1 Tsp/5g Sauce, Worcestershire, Average
- 20g Cheese, Parmesan, Average
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C (450°F, Gas Mark 8)
2. Tear or cut lettuce into fairly large pieces and line a large salad bowl.
3. Cube the bread.
2. Deseed and slice the peppers. Thinly slice the celery and spring oinions.
Toss all into the salad bowl.
3. Cut both tomatoes into eight segments and drop on top of the salad.
4. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil with the garlic and a pinch of salt and toss in the cubed bread. Bake the bread in the oven until golden brown. Leave to cool, then cut into cubes.
5. Mix together the Worcester Sauce, olive oil and lemon juice and toss through the salad.
5. Sprinkle the croutons on the top of the salad and top with parmesan shavings.
You can add alternative dressings to this Salad to add taste and flavour.
|Fruit & Veg||2.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Salads
You'll find hundreds more super salad recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own fresh favourites, give it a try!