Rice, Pea and Corn Salad
From wlr's book Build-Your-Own Delish Diet Plan
This quick and easy rice salad can be made ahead for a healthy take-to-work lunch, for just 300 calories and 2.8 of your 5-a-day. It also works great as a side salad for a BBQ or picnic - simply double (or quadruple) the recipe!
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Calories: 300
- 90g cooked rice
- ¼ cucumber
- 4 radishes
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 50g frozen peas
- 50g frozen sweetcorn
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Cook the rice according to pack instructions.
- Wash and chop the cucumber, radishes and tomatoes.
- Whilst the rice is still hot, stir in the peas and sweetcorn and leave to cool while you prepare the dressing.
- Put the oil, and lemon juice into a screw top jar, season to taste, put on the lid and shake to combine the ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the rice, add the chopped vegetables and toss gently. Keep refrigerated in an airtight container until needed.
|Fruit & Veg||2.8|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Salads
You'll find hundreds more super salad recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own fresh favourites, give it a try!
You'll find 30 delish dinners, 30 lush lunches and 30 scrummy breakfasts in this colourful book ... quick-and-easy recipes for calorie counted meals that prove you don't need to feel deprived when you're dieting. Only £7.99 in the wlr shop