Rice, Pea and Corn Salad
This quick and easy vegetarian rice salad provides you with almost 3 of your 5-a-day. At less than 300 calories per serving but with 4g fibre this salad should fill you up all the way to dinner!
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Calories: 300
- 90g cooked rice
- ¼ cucumber
- 4 radishes
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 50g frozen peas
- 50g frozen sweetcorn
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Cook the rice according to pack instructions.
- Wash and chop the cucumber, radishes and tomatoes.
- Whilst the rice is still hot, stir in the peas and sweetcorn and leave to cool while you prepare the dressing.
- Put the oil, and lemon juice into a screw top jar, season to taste, put on the lid and shake to combine the ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the rice, add the chopped vegetables and toss gently. Keep refrigerated in an airtight container until needed.
|Fruit & Veg||2.8|
This recipe is just one of the 30 delicious dinners in wlr's new book... Featuring quick-and-easy, calorie counted meals - there's ideas for scrummy breakfasts and luscious lunches too! Discover how to eat well and lose weight