Potato & Bean Salad Recipe
By the wlr team
A little bit of a change from the classic potato salad this recipe has the addition of beans, adding to the almost 6 grams of fibre! Perfect for lunch or a light dinner.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 202
- 227g Potatoes, New, Baby, Average
- 112g Apples, Golden Delicious, Average
- 1 Tsp/5ml Juice, Lemon, Fresh, Average
- 80g Onions, Spring, Raw, Average
- 1 Med/160g Peppers, Yellow, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 100g Beans, French, Boiled in Unsalted Water
- 100g Beans, Kidney, Red, Canned, Drained, Average
- 100g Beans, Borlotti, Canned
- 30ml Oil, Olive, Average
- 2 Tsps/16g Mustard, Whole Grain, Average
- 1 Clove/3g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 1 Tbsp/15ml Vinegar, Wine, White, Average
- 1 Tsp/1g Thyme, Fresh, Average
- 227g Lettuce, Iceberg, Average
1. Prepare the vegetables:
Scrub and quarter the potatoes,
Dice the apple and toss in lemon juice to prevent browning,
De-seed and dice the pepper,
Peel and slice onions and peel and crush the garlic.
2. Cook the potatoes in boiling water for about 15 minutes, drain and put into a mixing bowl.
3. Add the mixed beans, apple, pepper and onions, mixing carefully so as not to break up the potatoes.
4. Whilst the potatoes are cooking, make up the dressing:
Whisk the olive oil, mustard, garlic, wine vinegar and chopped thyme together and pour over the potatoes and vegetables.
5. Line a serving dish with the lettuce leaves and put the potato mix into the middle.
|Fruit & Veg||2.8|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Salads
You'll find hundreds more super salad recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own fresh favourites, give it a try!