Pomegranate Kale Salad Recipe
This salad is not just another kale salad. It's an innovative way to get your daily dose of greens and receive power-packed nutrients. Add pomegranate for a distinct flavor that is surely to please.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Calories: 197
- 90g curly kale
- 180g savoy cabbage
- 22.5g red onion
- 1 fresh lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 7.5ml white rice vinegar
- 7.5ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 186g pomegranate
- 12g pecan nuts
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Separate kale leaves from stalk. Throw out the stalks. Chop leaves into bite size. Place in large mixing or salad bowl.
- Slice cabbage thinly (like it's for coleslaw) and add to bowl.
- Slice onions and add to bowl. Set all aside.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the freshly squeezed lemon juice, olive oil, vinegars, and black pepper. Once smooth, add to the salad and mix well. Let sit while seeding pomegranate.
- Add pomegranate seeds to bowl.
- Divide salad to two plates. Add pecans to top of salad.
Serve and enjoy!
|Fruit & Veg||3.0|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Salads
You'll find hundreds more super salad recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own fresh favourites, give it a try!