Minted Fennel Salad Recipe
A fresh and vibrant salad that’s full of natural flavours and 2 of your 5 a day. So low in calories this salad goes great with some strips of chicken or pork.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Calories: 99
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 250g fresh oranges
- 227g cucumber
- 28g fresh mint
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Boil the eggs.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the fennel bulb thinly into a bowl of water and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Grate the rind of the oranges over a bowl. Carefully pare away the orange peel and segment the oranges, do this over a bowl to save the juice.
- Drain the fennel.
- Cut the cucumber into 1/2" rounds and then quarter. Add the cucumber to the orange and fennel mixture together with the mint.
- Pour the oil over the salad and toss well.
- Peel and quarter the eggs and decorate them on top of the salad. Serve immediately.
|Fruit & Veg||2.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Salads
You'll find hundreds more super salad recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own fresh favourites, give it a try!