Cous Cous Salad Recipe
By the wlr team
This is the perfect recipe to try if you want to get a bit inventive with salads! This low calorie, low fat dish is easy to make and has an array of ingredients from orange segments to sultanas!
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Calories: 219
- 175g dry, plain cous cous
- 240g cucumber
- 120g spring onion
- 1 medium green pepper
- 240g fresh oranges
- 28g fresh mint
- 175g dried, boiled chick peas
- 60g sultanas
- 150g low fat, natural yoghurt
- 227g iceberg lettuce
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Put the cous cous into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave, covered for 15 minutes to soak, then stir gently with a fork.
- Chop the cucumber, spring onion and pepper.
- Peel the oranges, remove all membrane and pith and separate into segments. Keep the rind of 1 orange and grate for use in the dressing.
- Chop half of the mint for dressing, and put the rest aside for garnish.
- Add the chopped onions, pepper and cucumber to the cous cous along with the chick peas and sultanas. Stir to combine.
- Make the dressing:
- Put the reserved orange rind, mint and yoghurt into a bowl and mix well, pour over the cous cous mixture and stir.
- Arrange the lettuce on serving plates and divide the cous cous between them, arrange the orange segments on top and garnish with remaining mint.
|Fruit & Veg||2.6|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Salads
You'll find hundreds more super salad recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own fresh favourites, give it a try!