Chickpea Salad Recipe
With over 11g of fiber and 4 of your 5 a day, this wonderfully low calorie salad is full to the brim of healthy goodness! You can add as much or as little chilli as you’d like but make sure to wash your hands!
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 5 mins
- Calories: 280
- 50g red onion
- 10g red chilli peppers
- 112g cherry tomatoes
- 1½ lemons
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 234g canned chick peas
- 28g fresh mint
- 28g fresh basil
- 56g 50% less fat greek cheese
- Finely slice the red onion and chillies. Roughly chop the tomatoes, and mix them all together in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the juice of 1 and a half lemons and the extra virgin olive oil.
- Toss the dressing through the salad.
- Heat the chick peas in a pan, then add them to the bowl.
- Add the herbs and allow to marinate for 30 minutes, then crumble over the feta cheese and season to taste.
- When chopping the chillies wash your hands and all utensils thoroughly afterwards and do not touch your eyes.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||4.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Salads
You'll find hundreds more super salad recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own fresh favourites, give it a try!