From wlr's book Build-Your-Own Delish Diet Plan
Simple yet satisfying - this mushroom risotto is suitable for vegetarians, but great for meat-lovers too. Using just a handful of ingredients, it is quick and easy to prepare. The recipe serves 2 but can easily be doubled for a family of four.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 454
- 4 spring onions
- 200g button mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 40g parmesan cheese
- 80ml dry white wine
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 150g Arborio risotto rice
- 1 Knorr mushroom stock pot
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Finely slice the onions and mushrooms, crush the garlic and finely grate the parmesan cheese.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick frying pan. Add the onions and fry for 5 mins.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for a further 10 mins.
- Stir in the rice and cook for a minute.
- Add the wine and simmer for a couple of minutes to reduce.
- Put 500ml of boiling water into a jug and stir in the stock pot.
- Pour 1⁄4 of the stock into the rice and simmer, stirring frequently.
- When stock has been absorbed, add next 1⁄4 of stock and allow to absorb again.
- Continue to add stock, simmer and stir in this way until stock is used up. Continue to stir until rice is cooked. Add a little more water if necessary.
- Stir in the cheese just before serving.
|Fruit & Veg||1.7|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Rice
You'll find hundreds more rice recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes with rice, give it a try!