Chicken & Mushroom Risotto
By the wlr team
A creamy risotto is the perfect meal for dinner if you’ve had a long day and just want something quick and easy, yet filling! This low calorie chicken and mushroom risotto is sure to hit the spot with the added white wine. Serve with a fresh green salad and low fat dressing, if you’ve got the calories!
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 497
- 50g red onion
- 100g courgette
- 10g fresh parsley
- 260g skinless chicken breast fillet
- 6g dry chicken stock cubes
- 5 sprays of olive oil
- 200g mushrooms
- 100g dry rice
- 58.5ml white wine
- 30g half fat creme fraiche
- 3 tbsp parmesan
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Finely chop red onion, courgette and parsley, cut chicken into cubes, and make up 800ml of stock.
- Spritz a deep frying pan or wok (preferably non-stick) with olive oil and cook the onion for 2 to 3 minutes until just soft. Add the chicken, courgettes and mushrooms, and sauté, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are taking on colour and the chicken is cooked through. Add a splash of water if chicken starts to stick to the pan.
- Meanwhile, fill a saucepan with the stock and bring it to a gentle simmer.
- Add the rice to the chicken pan and stir through to make sure it is coated with the chicken and vegetable juices. Fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add wine to the chicken and rice, stir until absorbed.
- Pour a ladleful of stock into the chicken and rice pan and stir until it is absorbed. This first measure of stock will soak into the rice very quickly. Add another ladleful and stir until absorbed again. Continue in this way until all the stock has been added to the rice.
- Taste a teaspoon of the risotto. It should be al dente – soft on the outside but with a slight bite in the middle.
- If the rice is a little harder than you like, then continue to cook as before until it is to your satisfaction, adding a little warm water to keep the consistency like that of a creamy rice pudding.
- Add the parsley, crème fraiche, parmesan, and seasoning and stir. Serve immediately with a fresh green salad.
|Fruit & Veg||2.4|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Rice
You'll find hundreds more rice recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes with rice, give it a try!