Summer Salad Recipe
This quick and easy salad is simple to make and really packs a punch with all the fresh ingredients making up over 3 of your 5 a day!
- Recipe makes: 3 servings
- Prep time:
- Calories: 248
- 75g Salad, Mixed Leaf, Asda
- 75g Salad, Assorted, Asda
- 200g Chicken, Breast, Sliced, GFY, Asda
- 100g Tomatoes, Cherry, Asda
- 200g Beans, Kidney, Red, Asda
- 150g Artichoke, Hearts, Canned, Drained, Average
- 60g Sweetcorn, Niblets, Naturally Sweet, in Water, No Salt, No Sugar, Drained, Green Giant
- 40g Sausage, Chorizo, Spanish Sliced, Asda
- 115g Lemon, Fresh, Raw, Average
Pretty simple really
Chop up the mixed leaves and add the assorted salad. I use the Asda fine cut one which has carrots, lettuce, peppers etc in there that adds a load of colour and means that I'm not just eating leaves.
I use cherry tomatoes and cut them up into halves or quarters and add to the bowl.
Add the sliced chicken breast. I tend to use the sliced cooked ones that are I think part of the good for you range. You can sometimes use some of the variations to plain, e.g. BBQ or Mexican.
Add the kidney beans, sweet corn and artichoke (which I chop up)
Slice the chorizo in to small quarters. Its a little fatty, but I find it provides some of the spice to the meal and the fact that it is chewy adds the sustenance to the meal.
Mix up and squeeze the juice of one lemon in to the dish.
Works out at about 900g in total weight which can be split in to 3 or 2 depending on how hungry you are. I typically split in to 3 and add some houmous as a side.
|Fruit & Veg||3.4|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!