Egg Curry Recipe
By the wlr team
Enjoy a low calorie curry with almost 6 of your 5 a day!! This thick creamy egg based curry is the perfect meal to try if you want something a little different. If you like your curry mild or hot you can adapt the recipe to your taste. Serve up with a wholemeal pita if you’ve got a few calories spare.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 369
- 2 tsp light olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 492g tomatoes
- ½ tsp powdered turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2.5g dry, ground garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 13g red chilli peppers
- 4 boiled eggs
- Heat oil in a wide based frying pan, and add diced onions.
- When onions are brown, add diced tomatoes, all the salt, spices and chopped chilli (as many as you prefer) and a cup of water.
- Simmer and stir - squash the contents against the pan with the back of a spoon so it thickens into a sauce - it will take 5-10mins.
- Slice the boiled eggs, add to the pan and lightly stir - simmer for 5-10mins (add a little water if it starts to get get dry).
The yolks will make the sauce quite creamy, tastes great served with a wholemeal pita/wholemeal wrap.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||5.7|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!