Potato and Veggie Hash with Egg
Quick and simple 1 pan lunch - you can even use left over boiled potatoes, and any other veg you need to use up from the fridge...
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 260
- 100g New Potatoes
- 1 Med Egg
- 20 Pumps Olive Oil Spray
- ½ Med Onion
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 Pinches Salt
- 2 Pinches Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- ¼ Tsp Chilli Powder
- Put a pan of water on to boil for the potatoes.
- Dice the onion, de-seed and dice the pepper, crush the garlic, halve/quarter the potatoes into similar sized pieces.
- Put the potatoes in the pan to boil for 7-10 minutes until soft. Drain and crush with a fork.
- In a medium sized non-stick pan heat 20 sprays olive oil on a medium heat. Add the onion, pepper, garlic, chilli powder, oregano, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Sauté until the onions are soft.
- Add the crushed potatoes and mix, press down around the pan slightly. Leave to cook so the bottom goes golden brown.
- Meanwhile dry-fry or poach the egg. Serve the hash with the egg on top.
For a vegan alternative, substitute the egg for a handful of your favourite canned beans mixed into the hash.
|Fruit & Veg||3.0|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!