Pork Chalupas Recipe
By the wlr team
‘Chalupa’ is a form of tortilla that is traditionally pressed into a taco shape and deep fried. This twist on the classic recipe is low calorie, low fat and quick and easy to make!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 6 hrs
- Calories: 299
- 227g Pork, Raw, Lean, Average
- 8oz/227g Beans, Pinto, Dried, Boiled in Unsalted Water
- 1 Clove/3g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 8g Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp/2g Cumin, Seeds, Whole, Average
- 1 Tsp/1g Oregano, Dried,
- 6 Med/192g Tortillas, Made with Wheat Flour
Method1. Preheat the oven to 125°C (250°F, Gas Mark ½).
2. Put pork, beans, garlic, and all the spices into a casserole dish with 1½ litres of boiling water. Cover and bake in oven for 6 hours until most of the liquid is absorbed and meat falls to pieces when stirred.
3. Turn oven up to 180C (350°F, Gas Mark 4) and toast the tortillas for about 10 minutes until crisp.
4. Break the tortillas into bite size pieces and serve with the shredded pork.
|Fruit & Veg||0.8|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Pork
You'll find many more pork recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own pork favourites, give it a try!