May Day Pork Tenderloin with Potatoes & Apple Recipe
By the wlr team
Make this traditional spring holiday recipe this May Day! This recipe is low calorie, low carb and definitely worth the cooking time! Invite your friends round and celebrate with this traditional recipe.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 50 mins
- Calories: 379
- 3 Av Loins/795g Pork, Tenderloin, Separable Lean & Fat, Raw, Average
- 1 Tbsp/15ml Oil, Vegetable, Average
- ½ Tsp/2.5g Salt, Table, Average
- ¼ Tsp/0.5g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
- 10g Rosemary, Fresh
- 1 Med/110g Onions, Raw
- 1lb/454g Potatoes, Red, Flesh Only, Average
- 2 Med/204g Apples, Golden Delicious, Average
- 2Fls oz/60ml Stock, Chicken, Home Prepared, Average
- 2 Tbsps/7.6g Parsley, Fresh, Average
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C (450°F, Gas Mark 8).
2. Place the pork in a bowl and coat with the oil. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and the rosemary (1 tbsp fresh or 1 tsp dried). Heat a large pan and when hot, add the loins in one layer. Arrange the onion, cut side down, around the pork. Heat, turning the meat to ensure the pieces do not stick. Cook until lightly browned all over, then transfer for a casserole dish and place in the oven.
3. Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and put them in a saucepan with water to cover and salt to taste. Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes.
4. Peel, core and quarter the apples as the potatoes cook.
5. Drain the potatoes and arrange them around the meat. Turn the pork and continue cooking for a further 30 minutes.
6. At the end of that time, scatter the apple quarters around the meat and return the dish to the oven. Cook for 15 minutes more.
7. Remove the meat to a warm serving dish. Add the stock to the pan. Stir and bring to a boil about 5 minutes; remove from heat. Cut the pork into crosswise pieces and serve with the potatoes, apples and the sauce spooned over. Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
|Fruit & Veg||1.0|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Pork
You'll find many more pork recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own pork favourites, give it a try!