Beans 'n' Bacon Recipe
By the wlr team
This breakfast recipe is low fat and full of classic breakfast ingredients. If you’ve got the calories spare enjoy this on top of a nice piece of crusty bread.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 222
- 90g Onions, Raw, Average
- 60g Bacon, Lean, Average
- 400g Tomatoes, Plum, Canned, Marks & Spencer
- 5g Mustard, Powder, Average
- 20g Sugar, Brown, Soft, Average
- 15ml Vinegar, Balsamic, Average
- 600g Beans, Haricot, Dried, Boiled in Unsalted Water
1. In a large pan dry fry onion and bacon gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the tomatoes, mustard, sugar and vinegar, heating gently until almost boiling then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Drain the beans well and add to the pan, heat until nearly boiling, then reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until piping hot.
|Fruit & Veg||3.6|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Pork
You'll find many more pork recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own pork favourites, give it a try!