Banger Casserole Recipe
By the wlr team
Try out this classic low calorie casserole dish with bangers and mash! This hearty meal is a great meal for one, or the whole family. This recipe serves 4 so you can always freeze some for later in the week!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 45 mins
- Calories: 239
- 90g onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 454g low fat pork sausages
- 100g low fat bacon
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 200g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 5g dried bay leaves
- 227g tinned butter beans
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic finely.
- In a frying pan, brown the sausages over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove the sausages from pan and add the diced bacon, onion and garlic, frying for 5 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Cut the cooked sausages into 3 or 4 pieces each and return to pan.
- Make up the stock and add it to the pan along with the tomatoes, bay leaf and pepper. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the beans well and add to pan.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve with wholemeal rice and a crisp green salad.
|Fruit & Veg||1.7|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Pork
You'll find many more pork recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own pork favourites, give it a try!