Banger Bake Recipe
This indulgent, comforting dish is a meal that the whole family is sure to enjoy! Add any vegetables you like and dig into this healthy sausage and potato bake.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 525
- 600g Potatoes, Boiled, Average
- 416g Sausage, Pork, Thick, Frozen, Healthy Living, Tesco
- 1 Can/400g Beans, Baked, in Tomato Sauce, Average
- 28g Flour, Plain, Average
- 400g Tomatoes, Chopped, Canned, Branded Average
- 1 Tsp/5g Mixed Herbs, Average
- 1 Tsp/2g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
- 100g Cheese, Mozzarella, Average
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F, Gas Mark 4) and turn on the grill to a medium/high heat.
2. Peel the potatoes, put them in a microwavable dish with a tablespoon of water and cook on High in the microwave for 10 minutes.
3. While the potatoes are cooking, grill the sausages.
4. Place the baked beans, flour and tomatoes into a large casserole dish. Add mixed herbs and pepper to taste and stir.
5. When the sausages are cooked, slice them up, add to the mixture and stir well.
6. When the potatoes are cooked drain well and slice. Once sliced you want to make a single layer of potato to cover your mix, do this by slightly over lapping the slices as you go round the dish.
7. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes.
8. Thinly slice or grate the mozzarella. After 25 minutes of cooking take the bake out of the oven, pop the mozzarella on top and put back in the oven for extra 5 minutes so the mozzarella melts.
9. Serve and enjoy!
|Fruit & Veg||2.6|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Pork
You'll find many more pork recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own pork favourites, give it a try!