Tagliatelle Primavera Recipe
By the wlr team
'Primavera' refers to fresh spring vegetables which can fortunately be brought all year round now, making this a low calorie dish to enjoy anytime.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 423
- 3 garlic cloves
- 200g asparagus
- 1 medium red pepper
- 75g carrot
- 80g courgette
- 100g baby plum tomatoes
- 14g fresh parsley
- 60ml olive oil
- 300g tofu
- ¼ tsp crushed chilli peppers
- 120ml V8 vegetable juice
- 180g wholewheat tagliatelle
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Peel and crush the garlic. Clean and chop the asparagus. De-seed and finely chop the pepper. Clean and cut the carrot into julienne strips. Thinly slice the courgette. Chop the tomatoes. Chop the parsley.
- Heat the 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and stir fry the tofu until browned (approximately 2 minutes). Transfer to a warmed plate and reserve the oil.
- Transfer the reserved oil to a large saucepan and place over a medium heat together with the remaining oil. Add the crushed chilli and garlic and heat for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable juice, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the asparagus, red pepper, carrot and courgette and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes until the vegetables are 'al dente'.
- While the vegetables are cooking, cook the tagliatelle (or spaghetti if you cannot find tagliatelle) according to the packet instructions in a large pan of boiling saled water, until 'al dente'.
- Drain and return to the pan before adding the vegetables and tofu.
- Stir in the parsley, tomatoes and cheese.
You can substitute any fresh vegetable that you like, and if you prefer, leave out the parmesan to sprinkle over the top of the dish before serving.
|Fruit & Veg||2.4|
More Calorie Counted Pasta Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more pasta recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own perfect pasta, give it a try!