Spaghetti Bolognese with Salad Recipe
This low fat dish is sure to put a smile on anyone’s face. Low in calories and it has all 5 of your fruit and veg, a brilliant twist on a classic Italian meal.
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 45 mins
- Calories: 459
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 medium carrot
- 50g button mushrooms
- 115g extra lean minced beef
- 200g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 150ml made up beef stock
- 150g cooked wholewheat spaghetti
- 100g mixed green salad
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Peel and slice the carrot.
- Wipe and slice the mushrooms.
- In a non-stick pan, dry fry the minced beef, adding a little water to stop the meat sticking, if necessary.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrot and a few sliced mushrooms. Cook gently until the veg are soft.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, mixed herbs to taste and stock. Simmer until cooked through and the sauce thickens.
- Serve with wholewheat spaghetti cooked as per packet instructions, and salad.
|Fruit & Veg||6.5|
More Calorie Counted Pasta Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more pasta recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own perfect pasta, give it a try!