Low Calorie Spaghetti al Arrabiata (spicy tomato sauce) less than 450 calories
From wlr's book Build-Your-Own Delish Diet Plan
A quick and easy pasta favourite, our low calorie Spaghetti al Arrabiata dinner gives a spicy and sumptuous taste of Italy for less than 450 calories! Two pans and less than 30 minutes is all you need for a warm, comforting, calorie counted dinner that hits all the right notes.
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 431
- 2 tomatoes
- 80g dry spaghetti
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 50g passata
- Handful basil leaves
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Cut a cross in each tomato across the stalk mark. Put them in a bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Cook the spaghetti according to pack instructions.
- Use a slotted spoon to lift the tomatoes from the bowl. Allow to cool slightly, then peel, deseed and chop.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the crushed garlic and fry for 1 min.
- Stir in the chilli, tomatoes and passata. Simmer gently until the spaghetti's cooked.
- Serve the spaghetti with the sauce and basil leaves sprinkled over.
|Fruit & Veg||3.7|
More Low Calorie Pasta Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more pasta recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own perfect pasta, give it a try!
This recipe is just one of the 30 delicious dinners in wlr's new book... Featuring quick-and-easy, calorie counted meals - there's ideas for scrummy breakfasts and luscious lunches too! Discover how to eat well and lose weight