Spaghetti al Arrabiata (spicy sauce) Recipe
By wlr Nutritionist Rosie Bourne
A quick and easy pasta favourite, our low calorie Spaghetti al Arrabiata dinner gives a spicy and sumptuous taste of Italy for less than 500 calories! Two pans and less than 30 minutes is all you need for a warm, comforting, calorie counted dinner that hits all the right notes.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 487
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 medium onion
- 200g smoked bacon lardons
- 500g dry spaghetti
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 3¾ fresh basil leaves
- Peel and dice tomatoes, then saute in olive oil along with chopped garlic and onion. Add lardons.
- Cook pasta and cook according to instructions on packet.
- Stir tomato mixture regularly, cooking gently. Add chilli.
- Once pasta is tender, strain and place in serving dish.
- Add basil leaves to sauce at last minute, leave to simmer for a minute, then serve over pasta.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||1.5|
More Calorie Counted Pasta Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more pasta recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own perfect pasta, give it a try!