Rigatone alla Norma Recipe
This simple Italian pasta is quick and easy to make and is full of bold flavours. It’s low in calories and a great no fuss dinner. Serve up with a side salad if you have the calories spare and enjoy.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 408
- 10oz/280g Penne, Dry, Average
- 2 Tbsps/30ml Oil, Olive, Extra Virgin, Average
- 2 Med/750g Aubergine, Raw, Fresh, Average
- 8 Cloves/24g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 12 Olives/42g Olives, Black, Pitted, Average
- 25 Leaves/12.5g Basil, Fresh, Average
- 400g Passata, Average
- ¼ Tsp/1.25g Salt, Table, Average
- ¼ Tsp/0.5g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
- 2 Tbsps/20g Cheese, Parmesan, Average
Slice the augergine into 1" cubes.
Quarter the pitted olives.
Cut the basil leaves into very thin strips.
Cook the rigatone (or penne if you can't find rigatone) according to the packet instructions.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick sauté pan. Fry the aubergine pieces quickly so that they're brown but don't steam. Turn them once. Add the garlic, olives, most of the basil and passata (tomato sauce). Heat the sauce and season it with salt and pepper. Keep the sauce warm.
3. When the pasta is al dente, drain it and toss with the eggplant sauce. Sprinkle with a little more basil and some grated Parmesan or pecorino cheese.
|Fruit & Veg||3.3|
More Calorie Counted Pasta Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more pasta recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own perfect pasta, give it a try!