Rigatone alla Norma Recipe
This simple Italian pasta is quick and easy to make and is full of bold flavours. It’s low in calories and a great no fuss dinner. Serve up with a side salad if you have the calories spare and enjoy.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 408
- 2 medium aubergines
- 12 pitted black olives
- 25 fresh basil leaves
- 280g dry rigatoni or penne
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves
- 400g passata
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Slice the aubergine into 1" cubes.
- Quarter the pitted olives.
- Cut the basil leaves into very thin strips.
- Cook the rigatoni (or penne if you can't find rigatoni) according to the packet instructions.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick sauté pan.
- Fry the aubergine pieces quickly so that they're brown but don't steam. Turn them once. Add the garlic, olives, most of the basil and passata (tomato sauce).
- Heat the sauce and season it with salt and pepper. Keep the sauce warm.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain it and toss with the aubergine sauce. Sprinkle with a little more basil and some grated Parmesan or pecorino cheese.
- Serve immediately.
|Fruit & Veg||3.3|
More Calorie Counted Pasta Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more pasta recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own perfect pasta, give it a try!