Low Calorie Pumpkin and Chilli Pasta Recipe <sub>less than 350 calories</sub>
By the wlr team
Try something a little different with this low calorie pasta dish. Full of wintery flavours and a smooth creamy sauce, this is a great meal to share with family and friends.
- Recipe makes: 3 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Calories: 328
- 50g shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 medium red chilli peppers
- 400g pumpkin
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 125ml dry white wine
- 1 cube bouillon
- 200g dry fresh penne
- 70ml single cream
- 28g fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp parmesan
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Peel and chop the shallots (you can substitute with onions if you cannot get hold of these).
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Carefully de-seed and chop the chilli.
- Peel, de-seed and cube the pumpkin into 1 in (2.5cm pieces).
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy based pan, then fry shallots and garlic until opaque. Add chopped chilli and fry for 2 mins more.
- Pour in a glass of wine, then add the small cubes of pumpkin.
- Add a stock cube and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until pumpkin is soft and starts to break down.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain and keep warm.
- Add the cream and parsley to the pumpkin mixture, then toss through cooked pasta and sprinkle with parmesan.
My mother in law is Italian and makes this dish with raw peeled prawns and wholemeal conchiglie. If I do it with this then I usually simmer the prawns in a bit of the wine until they just turn pink, then add them to the sauce with the cream and parsley. Dont add cheese if you add the prawns. Remember to adjust the calories accordingly!
|Fruit & Veg||2.4|
More Calorie Counted Pasta Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more pasta recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own perfect pasta, give it a try!