Piquant Prawn & Chilli Pasta
Spaghetti and prawns in a simple chilli and tomato sauce, this pasta dish is quick, low calorie, and packs a flavour punch.
If you're not a fan of fresh chilli peppers, substitute for sweet red pepper to maintain a bit of crunch and add a little chilli powder or flakes to taste.
This recipe is from our Autumn Slimdown Diet Plan
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 415
- 1 Red Chilli Pepper
- 3 Med Tomatoes
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 150g Spaghetti, Dry
- 20 Sprays/4ml Olive Oil Spray
- 1 Tsp Tomato Puree
- Juice of ½ a Lemon
- 2 Pinches Salt
- 2 Pinches Black Pepper
- 1 Pack/170g King Prawns, Cooked & Peeled
- 2 Tbsps/20g Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- Put a large pan of water on to boil.
- De-seed and finely chop the chilli. De-seed and roughly chop the tomatoes. Peel and crush the garlic.
- Cook the spaghetti as per the pack instructions.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, spray the oil into a non-stick frying pan. Add the tomato, chilli and garlic and saute gently for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the tomato puree, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- After about 5 minutes, once the sauce has begun to break down, add the prawns to the pan with the sauce and stir. Continue to cook gently.
- When the spaghetti is ready, use a slotted spoon or tongs to transfer the pasta to the pan with the sauce. (This allows for a little of the cooking water to mix with the sauce). Stir the pasta with the sauce and serve, with grated parmesan on top.
|Fruit & Veg||2.7|
More Delicious Low Calorie Recipes
You'll find hundreds more calorie counted recipes in the wlr recipe database, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!