Penne with Light Creamy Mushroom Sauce under 400 calories
Recipe taken from wlr's Build-Your-Own Delish Diet Plan
This low calorie mushroom penne uses a Philadelphia light and white wine combo to give you a delicious creamy sauce... without the calories! Meat-free, this vegetarian dish is hearty enough to satisfy your comfort food cravings!
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 388
- 80g dry penne
- 100g button mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp vegetable stock granules
- 6 sprays oil
- 50ml white wine
- 20g light Philadelphia
You can try different ingredients...
Simply add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and add/remove ingredients to make it perfect for you - and the programme automatically calculates the calories for you!
- Cook the penne according to pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms, crush the garlic and make up the stock to 150ml.
- Spray a wok with oil. Stir fry the mushrooms for 4-5 mins. Add the crushed garlic and fry for a further min.
- Add the stock and wine, then simmer until liquid has reduced by half.
- Stir in the philadelphia.
- Add the drained penne (and heat gently for a min or two if penne has cooled).
- Grind over a little black pepper and serve immediately.
|Fruit & Veg||1.4|
Looking for Low Calorie Vegetarian Recipes?
You can take your choice from hundreds more meat-free recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own, give it a try!
This recipe is just one of the 30 delicious dinners in wlr's new book... Featuring quick-and-easy, calorie counted meals - there's ideas for scrummy breakfasts and luscious lunches too! Discover how to eat well and lose weight