Macaroni Cheese Recipe
This low calorie Macaroni cheese is an indulgent way to end the day and not blow your calories. Great served with a side salad to balance it out or some garlic bread, if you have spare calories.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 469
- 200g macaroni
- 40g plain white flour
- 40g butter
- 500ml semi skimmed milk
- 100g medium cheddar cheese
- 18g grated parmesan
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Cook the macaroni in a large pan of boiling water as per pack instructions.
- Put the flour, butter and milk in a smaller saucepan. Bring slowly to the boil, stirring all the time with a wooden spoon.
- When the sauce starts to boil, it should have thickened. Turn the heat right down and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Take the small saucepan off the heat and stir in the cheese.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan.
- Pour the sauce into the pasta pan and mix well, and spoon into a shallow ovenproof dish. Scatter with the Parmesan.
- Place the dish under a hot grill and wait for the top to turn golden, serve immediately.
|Fruit & Veg||0.0|
More Calorie Counted Pasta Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more pasta recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own perfect pasta, give it a try!