Low Fat Traditional Beef Lasagne
A low fat twist on a classic Italian dish means you don’t have to avoid your favourite meals when watching your calories. Great served with a simple green salad.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 35 mins
- Calories: 484
- 1 medium onion
- 3 carrots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100g button mushrooms
- 350g extra lean beef mince
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 150ml made up beef stock
- 28g reduced fat margarine
- 28g plain white flour
- 300ml skimmed milk
- 28g parmesan cheese
- 227g dry lasagne verdi sheets
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4 / 350°F
- Peel and dice the onion. Scrub and dice the carrot. Peel and crush the garlic - a food processor will make light work of the chopping! Wipe and slice the mushrooms.
- Heat a large non stick pan and add mince. Dry fry, stirring until browned.
- Add the prepared onion, garlic, carrots and mushrooms and cook for 5 mins.
- Add tomatoes, tomato puree, herbs, stock and seasoning and bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 20 mins.
- To make the white sauce, heat the margarine in pan, stir in flour and then gradually add milk, cook, stirring, until smooth and thick. Stir in half of the Parmesan cheese.
- To assemble lasagne, spoon half mince mixture into oven proof dish and top with half lasagne sheets. Spoon half cheese sauce over top, then remaining mince followed by lasagne sheets then cheese sauce. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese over top and bake in oven for 35mins.
Lasagne is a great meal to batch cook and pop in the freezer as a homemade ready meal. Simply double up these ingredients and portion it up once cooked.
|Fruit & Veg||3.1|
More Calorie Counted Pasta Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more pasta recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own perfect pasta, give it a try!