High Fibre Bacon & Tomato Pasta
By the wlr team
Whole wheat pasta is a great option for high fibre meals as it is quick to prepare and tastes just as good as normal pasta. With all the other ingredients this is a simple, well balanced meal.
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 439
- 1 small onion
- 2 rashers lean back bacon
- 5 sprays low calories olive oil spray
- 200g canned, chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- ¼ tsp dried, ground basil
- 15ml dry white wine
- 100g wholewheat spaghetti
- 10g grated parmesan cheese
- 10g rocket
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Chop the bacon.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with the spray oil then heat. Fry the onion until soft.
- Add the bacon and cook for a few minutes.
- Drain any excess oil, add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, a pinch of basil and the dry white wine. Simmer until cooked through and the sauce thickens.
- Cook the spaghetti as per pack instructions.
- Stir the pasta into the sauce, heat through and serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese and rocket.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||5.5|
More Calorie Counted Pasta Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more pasta recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own perfect pasta, give it a try!