Red Lentil Balls Recipe
For a lovely healthy and low fat snack try out these red lentil ball snacks, the perfect thing to pop in your lunch box for work! Full of seasoning and with 8g of fiber this recipe provides the perfect snack for grabbing when you feel a little peckish.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 364
- 196g dried red lentils
- 196g dry bulgur wheat
- 1 small onion
- 5 medium spring onions
- 3 sprays low cal spray oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 6g whole cumin seeds
- 1 tsp paprika
- 56g fresh parsley
- 200g cos lettuce
- Wash the lentils and cook in four times their volume of water for 20 minutes until soft. Towards the end, add the bulgur wheat and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow to stand for 20 minutes.
- Fry the onion in the spray oil, add tomato paste and remove from heat.
- Combine all ingredients together and allow to cool.
- Shape mixture into walnut sized balls and serve on a bed of lettuce.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||2.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Snacks
You'll find many more recipes for sweet and savoury snacks in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own scrummy snacks, give it a try!