Watercress & Pepper Frittata Recipe
By the wlr team
Get up late and enjoy this pepper and watercress frittata for brunch this weekend. This low calorie recipe is full of basic ingredients that you probably already have in the house.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 265
- 1 Serving/180g Potatoes, New, Baby, Average
- 2 Tsps/10ml Oil, Olive, Average
- 100g Onions, Raw, Average
- 100g Peppers, Red, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 50g Watercress, Raw, Trimmed, Average
- 3 Eggs/174g Eggs, Medium, Average, Weight with Shell
- ¼ Tsp/1.25g Salt, Table, Average
- ¼ Tsp/0.5g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
- 100g Salad, Mixed Leaf, Average
Method1. Boil the potatoes until tender, drain, cool slightly and slice.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add the sliced onion and red pepper, frying for 5 minutes.
3. Add potatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes before adding the watercress.
4. Beat the eggs, season with salt & pepper and add to the pan. Cook, stirring for 1 minute until the eggs begin to set.
5. Level out the mixture and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes.
6. Place under a hot grill to brown then serve with the mixed leaves.
|Fruit & Veg||2.2|
More Calorie Counted Meal Makers
You can take your choice from hundreds more recipes for tasty but healthy meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own homemade favourites, give it a try!