Tortilla (Spanish Omelette) Recipe
By the wlr team
Tortilla can be served warm as a main course or cold as it makes excellent picnic food cut into wedges. The Spanish serve tortilla sandwiched between chunks of crusty bread!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr
- Calories: 259
- 190g onions
- 275g baking potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 eggs
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Peel and cut the onion in half, then thinly slice. Thinly slice the potatoes then rinse and dry the slices.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the frying pan heat until smoking, add the potatoes and onions.Toss to coat in oil, then turn the heat down to its lowest setting, season well.
- Put a lid on the frying pan and cook gently for 20 minutes, or until tender. Turning half way and shaking occasionally.
- Meanwhile, break the eggs into a large bowl and whisk them lightly, add seasoning.
- When the onions and potatoes are cooked, transfer them to the eggs mix thoroughly.
- Put the frying pan back on the heat, add the rest of the oil and turn the heat up to medium. Pour the potato and egg mixture into the frying pan, turning the heat down to its lowest setting immediately.
- Cook slowly for 20-25 minutes. drawing in the edge in gently with a palette knife every now and again. When there is very little liquid egg left on the surface of the omelette, turn it over to cook the other side.
- Give it about 2 minutes, then turn the heat off and leave it for 5 minutes to settle. Serve hot or cold.
|Fruit & Veg||1.6|
More Calorie Counted Meals
You can take your choice from hundreds more recipes for tasty but healthy meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own homemade favourites, give it a try!