Skinny Strog Recipe
Love the original? Then try this ‘skinny’ version of beef stroganoff. Serve with rice or noodles this makes a great low calorie meal that comes together in under 30 minutes.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 12 mins
- Calories: 212
- 320g Beef, Steak, Fillet, Lean, Average
- 10g Flour, Plain, Average
- 2 Tsps/10ml Oil, Sunflower, Average
- ½ Med/90g Onions, Raw, Average
- 125g Mushrooms, Common, Raw, Average
- 3g Mustard, Powder, Average
- 5g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
- 7.5ml Juice, Lemon, Fresh, Average
- 100ml Cream, Single, Reduced Fat, Waitrose
- 8g Sugar, Brown, Soft, Average
MethodPut the mustard powder and sugar into a small bowl and stir in 30ml of water until smooth, set aside.
Finely chop the onion and thinly slice the mushrooms.
Cut the beef fillet into thin strips and lightly coat with the flour.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and stir fry the beef over a high heat for 4-5 minutes until browned. Turn down the heat and add the onion, fry gently for a further 3 minutes.
Stir in the mustard mixture, single cream and lemon juice, season with the black pepper.
Cook very gently for a further 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
Serve with rice or noodles.
|Fruit & Veg||0.7|
More Calorie Counted Meal Makers
You can take your choice from hundreds more recipes for tasty but healthy meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own homemade favourites, give it a try!