Skinny Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe 457 calories per serving
Recipe taken from wlr's Build-Your-Own Delish Diet Plan
A quick and easy skinny version of a classic spag bol made with 3 portions of your 5-a-day! Serve with a crisp green salad or garlic bread if you have the calories spare. If there's any left over, why not freeze it for lunch!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 50 mins
- Calories: 457
- 1 onion
- 200g mushrooms
- 3 sticks celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 sprays olive oil
- 300g extra lean minced beef
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 300g dry spaghetti
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Chop the onion and mushrooms, finely chop the celery and carrot, crush the garlic.
- Spray the base of a large non-stick pan that has a lid with the oil. Add the mince and fry for 5 minutes, stirring to break up.
- Add the chopped vegetables and cook, stirring frequently for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato puree, and herbs.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with spaghetti cooked according to pack instructions/your taste.
- This sauce gets even better if eaten the next day (refrigerate overnight), and is great for the freezer.
If you have calories to spare, sprinkle with fresh, finely grated parmesan for 12 cals per teaspoon (3g).
|Fruit & Veg||3.4|
More Calorie Counted Meals
You can take your choice from hundreds more recipes for tasty but healthy meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own homemade favourites, give it a try!
This recipe is just one of the 30 delicious dinners in wlr's new book... Featuring quick-and-easy, calorie counted meals - there's ideas for scrummy breakfasts and luscious lunches too! Discover how to eat well and lose weight