Skinny Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
A quick and easy skinny version of a classic spag bol made with 3 portions of your 5 a day! Serve with a crisp green salad or garlic bread if you have the calories spare. If there's any left over, why not freeze it for lunch!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 475
- 160g green pepper
- 100g carrots
- 100g mushrooms
- 6g garlic
- ½ medium onion
- 80g celery
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 200g lean beef mince
- 400g can, chopped tomatoes
- 20g tomato puree
- 1g dried oregano
- 360g dry spaghetti
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Deseed and chop the peppers, peel and very finely chop the carrots, slice the mushrooms, crush the garlic and chop the onion and celery.
- Heat the oil in a large shallow pan and gently stir-fry the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn up the heat a bit and add the mince and fry, stirring regularly, for a further 5 minutes until browned.
- Add the peppers, carrots, celery and mushrooms and continue to fry, stirring regularly, for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stir in the tomato puree and then the oregano.
- Cover the pan and simmer gently for 1 hour. Stirring occasionally – add a little water if the sauce looks like it is getting too dry.
- Cook spaghetti according to pack instructions.
- Serve straight away or make recipe ahead of time and then reheat when ready to eat.
This recipe freezes well so makes a great home-made ready meal. Place it in the fridge the night before and just reheat for a nutritious meal.
|Fruit & Veg||3.0|
More Calorie Counted Meals
You can take your choice from hundreds more recipes for tasty but healthy meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own homemade favourites, give it a try!