Skinny Chilli Recipe
By the wlr team
If you’re a fan of chilli try this skinny version. You can sit back and relax while this cooks away, serve with a jacket potato or some rice for a tasty, filling meal.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr 10 mins
- Calories: 200
- ½ medium onion
- 2 medium green peppers
- 6g garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 300g lean minced beef
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1g dried oregano
- 400g tinned red kidney beans
- 4g soft brown sugar
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Prepare and chop the pepper.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently stir-fry the onion, peppers and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the beef and chilli powder, and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, oregano, kidney beans and sugar.
- Cover and simmer for an hour, stirring occasionally.
This dish benefits from a day in the fridge or it can be frozen. Heat thoroughly and serve piping hot with a jacket potato or rice, and some chopped fresh tomato and onion. If you like chilli that bites back use hot chilli powder, if you prefer a more subtle sensation use mild.
|Fruit & Veg||2.5|
More Calorie Counted Meal Makers
You can take your choice from hundreds more recipes for tasty but healthy meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own homemade favourites, give it a try!