Skinny Cheeseburgers & Chips Recipe
By the wlr team
Make your own burgers with this low calorie cheeseburger recipe. Served with some tasty homemade chips, you’d never believe this comfort food is low calorie!
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 388
- 800g baking potatoes
- 84g onion
- 6 tsp olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 3g mustard powder
- 2g freshly ground black pepper
- 60g grated parmesan
- 600g extra lean beef mince
- 30g breadcrumbs
- 15g plain flour
- 6g garlic
- 15g fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp salt
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 220°C / Gas Mark 7 / 425°F
- Wash the potatoes and boil for 10 minutes, set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the onion and gently fry in 2 teaspoons of the oil for 3 minutes until softened, and set aside.
- Beat the egg in a large bowl, stir in the mustard powder, 1 teaspoon of black pepper and parmesan cheese, add the minced beef, breadcrumbs and onions and mix well.
- Dust a chopping board with the flour and shape the mince mixture into 6 patties, put into the fridge until ready to cook.
- Finely chop the garlic and rosemary. Add the remaining 4 teaspoons of oil, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, salt, rosemary and garlic to a large, shallow ovenproof dish and put in the top of the oven for 1 minute.
- Cut the cooled potatoes into wedges and toss gently in the warmed seasoned oil.
- Bake the dish of potato wedges in the top of the oven for 25-30 minutes until cooked through and crisp.
- 15 minutes before serving, put the burgers onto a greased baking sheet and cook in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes.
|Fruit & Veg||0.2|
More Calorie Counted Meal Makers
You can take your choice from hundreds more recipes for tasty but healthy meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own homemade favourites, give it a try!